This is how to cure acid reflux naturally and safely through easy-to-follow natural remedies that are known to work. Hyper acidity, commonly known as acid reflux, is caused by irritation of the esophagus when acid from the stomach gets into the esophagus. It is a result of a dysfunction in a muscular valve known as the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). The LES normally holds stomach acid within the stomach. In some cases it may not close tightly, or it might open every so often letting stomach acid to drip through.
Symptoms of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Spewing of stomach acid.
- Excessive coughing.
- Postnasal drip.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- In some cases erosion of tooth enamel.
Doctors approximate that 10-20% of US population suffers from acid reflux.
Long-term acid reflux can damage your esophagus. In some rare cases it can lead to adenocarcinoma (a form of cancer). Some factors make acid reflux more likely to appear including alcohol, smoking, obesity and caffeine use. Follow the recommendations below on how to cure acid reflux naturally if you experience the above symptoms.
Method 1 of 4: How to cure acid reflux naturally by adjusting your diet. Home Remedies for Heartburn Relief
1. Avoid eating too many fatty foods.
Fatty foods are difficult to digest, meaning that they stay longer in the stomach. Such foods slow down your digestive system and are more likely to go back up your esophagus when reflux increases.
Foods to avoid for acid reflux include:
• Fried foods like fries and fried chicken.
• Whole-fat dairy products like cheese, butter, sour cream, and whole milk.
• Animal fat like bacon fat.
• Snacks with lots of fat like potato chips, ice cream, candy.
2.How to treat acid reflux naturally by keeping off acidic foods.
You might have noticed that your stomach aches when you take some of these foods.
• Tomatoes, oranges, salsa, grapefruits, lemons, pineapples and limes.
• Vinegar is acidic and can aggravate acid reflux.
• Garlic and raw onions both upset the stomach.
3. Avoid spicy foods.
There has been a debate on whether spicy foods can cause acid reflux. To be on the safe side, it is advisable to stay away from foods that are too spicy. Most of the people that suffer from hyper acidity find spicy food upsetting to their stomachs. Examples of spicy foods to avoid for acid reflux are jalapenos, hot sauce, peppers.
4. Take less carbonated drinks.
Carbonated drinks are full of effervescent compounds. They sure look beautiful in the bottle, but it’s these bubbles that will keep on fizzing in your stomach. The carbonation will build up pressure inside your belly. The contents of your stomach are then pushed back up your esophagus, causing acid reflux.
5. Eat smaller meals.
Limiting yourself to small portions of food is a way of how to heal acid reflux naturally. It gives your stomach an easier time digesting them. A stomach that is under pressure to digest large amounts of food is more likely to push food back up your gullet. When hungry, take food in smaller quantities. Consider eating six small meals rather than three larger meals during the day.
6. Low-acid foods.
A good way to ease acid reflux is to take small amounts low-acid foods. Acidic foods add to the acid in the stomach making the situation worse. Some good examples of low-acid foods include:
• Leafy greens
• Watermelons. They have been known to have many benefits. Read the unknown facts about watermelons here.
Avocados. We all know that avocados have numerous benefits. Get information about avocado benefits here.
Coconut oil is a great and has many uses that have helped reduce GERD. Read this article on coconut oil and what it’s used for.
Method 2 of 4: How to cure gerd naturally by Making Lifestyle Changes
1. Lose excess weight.
Obesity is labeled as one of the high-risk factors leading to acid reflux. If you are overweight, consider losing the excess weight as a way of how to treat acid reflux permanently and naturally. Eat healthily and exercise to lose weight.
• Try to consume foods in the five basic food groups; fruits, lean proteins, whole carbohydrates, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products every day.
• Exercise on a regular basis. Doctors call for at least 30 minutes of exercise three to five days in a week. Consistent exercise can help you lose weight. Try running, biking, walking, swimming, or hiking.
Here is an article that gives you four easy ways of How to Lose Weight Fast Naturally.
2. Maintaining your head and shoulders at an elevated position when sleeping, helps in treating acid reflux naturally.
It is also about the gravitational pull that may cause acid to flow into the esophagus when sleeping. If your stomach aches at night, try doing this. It helps easing the pain greatly.
How to Get Rid of Acid Reflux in Throat
3. Quit smoking.
Apart from the health problems it causes, smoking can lead to the development of acid reflux. Cigarette smoke causes damage of mucous membranes in your body. Including the stomach walls. Smoke is also acidic adding to the already high amounts in the stomach.
4. Do not lie down immediately after eating.
After eating, food goes down your esophagus and into your stomach. Gravity holds this food in your stomach to avoid coming back up in the wrong direction. Laying down takes away this gravity. Taking a short walk is a simple remedy of how to heal gerd naturally by easing digestion.
5. Wear loose clothing.
Tight clothes, belts can add pressure on the stomach squeezing it during digestion pushing food up the esophagus. Wear the correct sizes of clothes and stretchable inner wear.
Method 3 of 4: Using Medication for acid reflux
1. Over-the-counter antacids.
They can temporarily neutralize the acid in your stomach. This is by combating the acid with its fundamental (the opposite of acidic) properties.
You can purchase antacids without a prescription and take them when needed but in moderation. The antacids include Tums, Mi-acid, Mylanta, Caltrate and Maalox. They are an effective way to heal acid reflux naturally.
2. Take H2 blockers before each meal.
H2 blockers control the amount of acid produced by in stomach to help in digestion. It may sound like a bad idea, but the H2 blockers do not have an effect on your digestive system other than to reduce acid reflux.
- Pepcid, Zantac, and Axid are some common brands of H2 blockers.
- Using proton pump inhibitors, like H2 blockers, prevents your stomach from producing too much acid. Typical examples are Omeprazole, Prevacid, and Protonix.
- If it is your initial experience with acid reflux, consult a doctor about treatment of acid reflux with the medication before taking them. They have some mild side effects. If the doctor believes you have acid reflux, they are likely to prescribe Omeprazole as it is the first-choice medication prescribed before any further testing.
3. Consider undergoing surgery.
If the above remedy does not fit you or your condition, you may be a candidate for surgery as a way of healing acid reflux. The primary procedure in this is fundoplication.
- It involves holding the upper part of your stomach around the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) preventing acid reflux through the LES.
- Patients can leave the hospital within three days and resume regular work in 2-3 weeks.
- It is recommended for those patients who continually require proton pump inhibitors for over ten years as it is cost-effective.
Method 4 of 4 Heart Burn No More Program
A former severe acid reflux sufferer reveals the only holistic system In
existence that will show you how to permanently cure your acid
reflux, achieve lasting freedom from most digestive disorders and regain your natural inner balance using a unique 5-Step method no one else will tell you about. Some of the claims made in the Heartburn no more book are
- Gain Permanent Relief from Heartburn In 48 Hours.
- Eliminate Your Chest Pain and Burning Sensation
- Get Rid of Burping, Belching and Flatulence
- Dramatically Enhance Digestive and Intestinal Health and Achieve Lasting Freedom From Most Digestive Disorders
- Get a Peaceful Night Sleep! No More Pain! No More Sleepless Nights! No More Bed-Wedge Pillows.
- Eliminate the risk of cancer, high blood pressure and Alzheimer’s from prescription medications.
- Save thousands of dollars in prescription medications, over the counters, doctor visits or surgery.
- Restore your energy levels and improve the quality Of your Life dramatically
Acid reflux is not a serious medical problem unless it develops into a constant and chronic condition referred to as Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). If you follow the advice above, you can diagnose acid reflux early enough and learn how to cure gerd permanently and naturally.
GERD is a chronic condition that has serious consequences if untreated. Fortunately, the majority of the cases of respond well to the right treatment with a combination of lifestyle changes. Discover the full information on how to cure acid reflux naturally and prevent it from the Heartburn No More website here.