Hyper acidity, commonly known as acid reflux, is caused by irritation of the esophagus when acid from the stomach gets into the esophagus. It is a result of a dysfunction in a muscular valve known as the lower esophageal sphincter (LES). Below is information on how to cure acid reflux naturally.
The LES normally holds stomach acid within the stomach. In some cases it may not close tightly, or it might open every so often letting stomach acid to drip through.
Symptoms of Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Spewing of stomach acid.
- Excessive coughing.
- Postnasal drip.
- Difficulty swallowing.
- In some cases erosion of tooth enamel.
Doctors approximate that 10-20% of US population suffers from acid reflux.
Long-term acid reflux can damage your esophagus. In some rare cases it can lead to adenocarcinoma (a form of cancer). Some factors make acid reflux more likely to appear including alcohol, smoking, obesity and caffeine use. Follow the recommendations below on how to cure acid reflux naturally if you experience the above symptoms.
Method 1 of 4: How to cure acid reflux naturally by adjusting your diet. Foods to avoid for acid reflux.
1. Avoid eating too many fatty foods.
Fatty foods are difficult to digest, meaning that they stay longer in the stomach. Such foods slow down your digestive system and are more likely to go back up your esophagus when reflux increases.
Foods to avoid for acid reflux include:
• Fried foods like fries and fried chicken.
• Whole-fat dairy products like cheese, butter, sour cream, and whole milk.
• Animal fat like bacon fat.
• Snacks with lots of fat like potato chips, ice cream, candy.
2.How to treat acid reflux naturally by keeping off acidic foods.
Acidic foods worsens acid reflux. Citrus fruits are among the most acidic foods to avoid for acid reflux. That does not mean you should slash them off your diet entirely. You should reduce their intake significantly.
You might have noticed that your stomach aches when you take some of these foods.
• Tomatoes, oranges, salsa, grapefruits, lemons, pineapples and limes.
• Vinegar is acidic and can aggravate acid reflux.
• Garlic and raw onions both upset the stomach.
3. Avoid spicy foods.
There has been a debate on whether spicy foods can cause acid reflux. To be on the safe side, it is advisable to stay away from foods that are too spicy. Most of the people that suffer from hyper acidity find spicy food upsetting to their stomachs. Examples of spicy foods to avoid for acid reflux are jalapenos, hot sauce, peppers.
4. Take less carbonated drinks.
Carbonated drinks are full of effervescent compounds. They sure look beautiful in the bottle, but it’s these bubbles that will keep on fizzing in your stomach. The carbonation will build up pressure inside your belly. The contents of your stomach are then pushed back up your esophagus, causing acid reflux.
5. Eat smaller meals.
Limiting yourself to small portions of food is a way of how to heal acid reflux naturally. It gives your stomach an easier time digesting them. A stomach that is under pressure to digest large amounts of food is more likely to push food back up your gullet. When hungry, take food in smaller quantities. Consider eating six small meals rather than three larger meals during the day.
6. Low-acid foods.
A good way to ease acid reflux is to take small amounts low-acid foods. Acidic foods add to the acid in the stomach making the situation worse. Some good examples of low-acid foods include:
• Leafy greens
• Watermelons. They have been known to have many benefits. Read the unknown facts about watermelons here.
Avocados. We all know that avocados have numerous benefits. Get information about avocado benefits here.
Coconut oil is a great and has many uses that have helped reduce GERD. Read this article on coconut oil and what it’s used for.
Method 2 of 4: How to cure gerd naturally by Making Lifestyle Changes
1. Lose excess weight.
Obesity is labeled as one of the high-risk factors leading to acid reflux. If you are overweight, consider losing the excess weight as a way of how to treat acid reflux permanently and naturally. Eat healthily and exercise to lose weight.
• Try to consume foods in the five basic food groups; fruits, lean proteins, whole carbohydrates, vegetables, and low-fat dairy products every day.
• Exercise on a regular basis. Doctors call for at least 30 minutes of exercise three to five days in a week. Consistent exercise can help you lose weight. Try running, biking, walking, swimming, or hiking.
Here is an article that gives you four easy ways of How to Lose Weight Fast Naturally.
2. Maintaining your head and shoulders at an elevated position when sleeping, helps in treating acid reflux naturally.
It is also about the gravitational pull that may cause acid to flow into the esophagus when sleeping. If your stomach aches at night, try doing this. It helps easing the pain greatly.
3. Quit smoking.
Apart from the health problems it causes, smoking can lead to the development of acid reflux. Cigarette smoke causes damage of mucous membranes in your body. Including the stomach walls. Smoke is also acidic adding to the already high amounts in the stomach.
4. Do not lie down immediately after eating.
After eating, food goes down your esophagus and into your stomach. Gravity holds this food in your stomach to avoid coming back up in the wrong direction. Laying down takes away this gravity. Taking a short walk is a simple remedy of how to heal gerd naturally by easing digestion.
5. Wear loose clothing.
Tight clothes, belts can add pressure on the stomach squeezing it during digestion pushing food up the esophagus. Wear the correct sizes of clothes and stretchable inner wear.
Method 3 of 4: Using Medication for acid reflux
1. Over-the-counter antacids.
They can temporarily neutralize the acid in your stomach. This is by combating the acid with its fundamental (the opposite of acidic) properties.
You can purchase antacids without a prescription and take them when needed but in moderation. The antacids include Tums, Mi-acid, Mylanta, Caltrate and Maalox. They are an effective way to heal acid reflux naturally.
2. Take H2 blockers before each meal.
H2 blockers control the amount of acid produced by in stomach to help in digestion. It may sound like a bad idea, but the H2 blockers do not have an effect on your digestive system other than to reduce acid reflux.
- Pepcid, Zantac, and Axid are some common brands of H2 blockers.
- Using proton pump inhibitors, like H2 blockers, prevents your stomach from producing too much acid. Typical examples are Omeprazole, Prevacid, and Protonix.
- If it is your initial experience with acid reflux, consult a doctor about treatment of acid reflux with the medication before taking them. They have some mild side effects. If the doctor believes you have acid reflux, they are likely to prescribe Omeprazole as it is the first-choice medication prescribed before any further testing.
3. Consider undergoing surgery.
If the above remedy does not fit you or your condition, you may be a candidate for surgery as a way of healing acid reflux. The primary procedure in this is fundoplication.
- It involves holding the upper part of your stomach around the lower esophageal sphincter (LES) preventing acid reflux through the LES.
- Patients can leave the hospital within three days and resume regular work in 2-3 weeks.
- It is recommended for those patients who continually require proton pump inhibitors for over ten years as it is cost-effective.
Method 4 of 4: Rapid Reflux Relief System. Natural acid reflux remedies.
Creators: Richard Harrow and Nick O’Connor
1. The Key Details
The Rapid Reflux Relief system was developed by two former heartburn sufferers, Richard Harrow(a researcher and biologist) and Nick O’Connor.
They came up with an easy to understand plan of using five natural components that work on how to treat gerd naturally in patients in three weeks.
The cause is a deadly bacterium known as Helicobacter pylori or H. Pylori, which accounts for 80 percent of stomach ulcers.
The Rapid Reflux Relief program was outlined in a way to get rid of the H. Pylori for good. By following the Rapid Reflux Relief system, you can reduce the risk of contracting several types of intestinal cancers and eliminate the bacteria with natural cures for acid reflux.
There are two main components of the Rapid Reflux Relief program:
- A list of the completely natural foods with the five essential natural components to destroy H. Pylori forever.
- Instructions on how to combine these foods with information on the individual servings and when to make these combinations part of your daily diet plan.
The heartburn symptoms start to disappear within a few days of following the program. Nick and Richard recommend that you should continue with the program for at least three weeks to get the full benefits on how to get rid of acid reflux naturally with their program.
The Main Benefits of Rapid Reflux Relief system.
1. There Are Numerous Options On The Foods List.
Most acid reflux victims complain that they have a limited variety of food choices. They feel that it is a must they limit the types of foods they consume to stop acid reflux. The program provides an extensive list of appropriate foods you can enjoy.
2. It quickly and completely kills the H. Pylori In Your System.
As indicated above, the effectiveness of this program is felt in a few days but you should stick it to the end for total results. It is a permanent cure to acid reflux and as such you do not need to look for alternative treatments.
3. Completely with Foods Rich With Nutrients for Natural acid reflux remedies.
Richard Harrow and Nick O’Connor ensured that all the foods and drinks recommended on treatment of acid reflux naturally are all natural and healthy. The foods are available everywhere and are not expensive.
4. The Eating Plan Is Temporary.
Once you are completely cured of heartburn or acid reflux, you are allowed to return to eating normally. The choice is yours. You will be surprised to find some of the delicious foods you’ve been missing in the recommended food list
5. Cheaper than other medications.
If you calculate how much you spend on acid reflux medication, you discover that you may have spent a fortune in a relatively short period. The Rapid Reflux Relief program has natural cures for acid reflux and is purchased at an affordable price.
6. No Side effects.
The system promises that you do not experience side effects like vomiting, nausea and abdominal pain that is common with other acid reflux medications.
7. The Program Comes With A 60-Day, Money Back Guarantee.
If you are not satisfied with the Rapid Reflux Relief program on how to cure acid reflux naturally within 60 days, you can demand a full refund.
Overall, Rapid Reflux Relief by Richard Harrow and Nick O’Connor is an excellent natural solution for many acid reflux sufferers. Having personally suffered from stomach ulcers since 2011, I have had great relief with this program.
For the last 9 months, after completing the Program’s plan, I have not had a single acid flare-up. There is no doubt in mind that Rapid Reflux Relief is an essential Program that can benefit you too.
Acid reflux is not a serious medical problem unless it develops into a constant and chronic condition referred to as Gastro-Esophageal Reflux Disease (GERD). If you follow the advice above, you can diagnose acid reflux early enough and learn to treat it naturally.
GERD is a chronic condition that has serious consequences if untreated. Fortunately, the majority of the cases of respond well to the right treatment with a combination of lifestyle changes. Discover the full information on how to cure acid reflux naturally and prevent it from the Rapid Reflux Relief website.